Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bunny Rolls... Check Out My Buns-ies

I just had to share these cute bunny rolls that I made for Easter dinner.  Everyone loved them they were a huge hit.  The dough recipe is from a previous post by my sister, Lynn, and since the recipe has been pinned over 250,000 times why use another?  She calls it Best Rolls Ever. 

Now, I can't claim that I came up with the bunny design all on my own.  Nope that's what Pinterest and Google are for.  Bunny design came from Taste of Home.
Though the design and a different recipe is used at Taste of Home they didn't have pictures of step by step instructions which I will include here.
After you make Best Rolls Ever recipe you will need to let your dough rest for 30-60 minutes. Punch down your dough and with a rolling pin roll out your dough to at least 20 inches long one way (see picture below). Using a pizza cutter you will cut horizontal 1/2 inch strips.  Then cut the strips vertically 10 inches, 5 inches, two 2 inches, and then one inch.  Body, head, 2 ears, and tail.
You can see from the picture below that I formed the 10 inch strip into the body, 5 inch for head, two 2 inch strips for ears, and then 1 inch for cotton tail.
Let rise for 15-30 minutes.
 
 Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

Oh YUMMY!

The Easter bunny was pleased too.
Okay okay we didn't give any to the Easter bunny but if we did I'm sure he would approve.

 Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment