Friday, November 8, 2013

Hoisin Glazed Salmon



As always, I love combining my Vietnamese heritage with the Alaskan ingredients that my sister and I grew up with.  I am a lover of Hoisin Sauce, as my mother would disapprovingly tell you since she has witnessed me dump copious amounts of it into my Phở since I was a little girl.  Hoisin Sauce just makes it better!


So check out this amazing Hoisin Glazed Salmon recipe and see just how good it is!

Ingredients:

  • 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
  • 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp ginger powder
  • 1 whole salmon fillet, divided into 4-6 individual portions
  • sesame seeds to garnish
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400° F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with a non-stick spray.
  2. Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, skin side down.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Bake for 10 minutes.
  3. Whisk together the hoisin sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, lime juice, and ginger powder to create the glaze.
  4. Remove the salmon from the oven and spoon the glaze over the fillets.  Return the salmon to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
  5. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds to garnish and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment